Hari Hari Hari Hari – Audio
Contemplate on the name of Lord Hari. Meditate on the Lotus Feet of Lord Hari. Indulge in the service of Madhava who is the Divine Flute Player. Sing the glory of the Lord who vanquished the demon Mura (also refers to the demonic qualities) and lifted the mountain.
Hari Hari Hari Hari – Explanation
|Hari||Another name of Lord Vishnu|
|Murali||Another name of Lord Krishna; He bears this name because He plays the flute, which is called ‘Murali’|
|Madhava||One more name of Lord Vishnu or Krishna. Ma + dhava (‘Ma’ refers to Lord Lakshmi and ‘dhava’ means ‘consort’)|
|Murahara||A name of Lord Vishnu. Mura + hara (Mura – name of a demon; hara – to destroy)|
|Giridhari||A name of Lord Vishnu especially used for the Krishna avatar because He held the Govardhana mountain aloft on his little finger for a week. Giri – mountain; dhari – one who holds.|
Hari Hari Hari Hari – Activity
(Unscramble the names of Krishna)
Values Inculcated :
- Learn different names of Krishna
- Understanding the deeper significance of the different names of Krishna
- Develop Devotion
- Develop puzzle solving skills.
- The Balvikas guru can scramble and write the different names of KRISHNA on the board.
- Ask the children to unscramble the names (Let children take turns)