- Importance of celebrating Ganesh Chaturthi and sharing Joy with others
- Importance of Narayan Seva
Get Ready With:
Gurus can explain Narayana Seva to the children and how these vegetables are going to be used.The children can be taught a shloka or a bhajan on Ganesha or a story.
- Vegetables such as Pumpkin, Ash guard, brinjal, cucumber, cabbage, potato, etc.,
- Tooth picks
- The students in the class should be divided into groups according to the strength of the class and name the groups.
- The Gurus can give different kind of vegetables to each student in the group (The students also can be asked to bring the vegetables from home)
- Once the distribution is over, let them all take a look of all the Vegetables given.
- Show the children different pictures of Lord Ganesha and explain to them that they are supposed to form the shape of Ganesha with the given vegetables. (The groups can join together to make one Ganesha or each group can make one depending upon the strength)
- The students can be asked to offer Pooja to the Ganesha that they made, in their own way (The students can also sing a bhajan as an offering to the Lord)
- The final part comes the Visarjan, the immersion of the Lord’s idol. Here in our case the Visarjan can be collecting the Vegetables from the idol and use it for Narayan Seva (distribution of food to the poor and needy people)