Word wall is an organised display of key words on a chosen theme that provides visual reference for students throughout a unit of study. It is a set of 25 words based on a theme, arranged in a 5×5 grid.
- Pen, Sketch pens, Marker and ruler
Preparatory work for the Guru:
- A theme, related to the Balvikas syllabus is selected by the guru (Ex. Religions)
- On a chart paper, 25 important concepts related to 3 or 4 religions are to be written and fitted into a 5×5 grid
How to play
- The Guru divides the class into small groups.
- She displays the chart to the class for 1 or 2 minutes and asks them to memorise the words, their arrangement, sequence, appearance, placement etc.,
- The chart is removed and a set of say 10 questions are put to the class.
- The group that answers maximum number of questions correctly scores points.
- Name the flower mentioned.
- How many holy books are there?
- Was ‘Zoroaster’ mentioned?
- Name all the five words in row one.
- Name the two women.
- Which human values are mentioned?
- Which are the two festivals ending with the same last two letters?
- The word below Eid is ____.
- Two Rishis.
- How many words are related to Christianity?
Other themes – Ramayana, Festivals, Educare etc.,
Tips to Gurus:
- A fun-filled Word Wall activity may be integrated into any topic to evaluate their understanding!!
- Suits online