Drive slowly – Reach safely
The pencil and coin game is a fun-filled activity providing ample learning experiences about gravity, balance, symmetry and spatial visualisation.
- Problem solving
- Sense of accomplishment
- 10 one-rupee coins of the same size
- A pencil which is flat at one end
- Half piece of a big potato
Preparatory work for the Guru:
How to Play
- The Guru explains the game to the children.
- Each child places the half cut potato on the tray.
- The child inserts one end of the pencil into the potato (which acts as the stand).
- The ten coins are to be placed one by one, upon the other flat end of the pencil.
- While doing so, even if some coins fall, the children are allowed to continue their attempt.
- The Guru asks them all to begin the challenge at the same time.
- The one who finishes placing all the ten coins within the stipulated time is the winner.
Tips to Gurus:
- Story of hare & tortoise.
- Robert Bruce and spider & others may be related
- Hurry spoils the curry.
- Slow & steady wins the race
- Haste makes waste