Sri Satya Sai Ashtotram
This activity provides children great opportunity to remember and recall the Sai Ashtotram, in the correct sequence and in an enjoyable way.
- Team bonding
Preparatory work for the Gurus:
How to play
- The Guru asks the children to stand in a circle and one of them is given a ball.
- The child with the ball should chant the first Nama from the Sai Ashtotram and then throw the ball to another child, by calling her name.
Example: Om Sri Bhagawan Satya Sai Babaya Namaha
- The second child catches the ball and chants the next Nama – Om Sri Sai Satya Swaroopaya Namaha.
- She in turn throws the ball to a third child who has to chant the third Nama and so on.
- The game continues in this manner till a specified number of Namas are chanted in the correct sequence, depending on the availability of time.
- The child who is unable to recall the Nama assigned to her or chants it wrong is declared out of the game.
Tips to Gurus:
- Gurus will find this activity as a very useful tool to drill the children.
- To make the activity more effective and interesting, children may be asked to learn the Ashtotram set wise (say 10 per set) before the commencement of the activity. It could also be an ideal evaluation tool!!!