- Trees laden with fruits bend down. Clouds with the weight of fresh vapour lie low. Noble souls do not get puffed up with riches. This is the natural characteristic of benevolent persons.
- As a rule one gets results consistent with the actions they perform. Even the Lord of universe had to remain in detention, as he was on an earlier occasion detained by Mahaabali (Lord Vishnu in his Vaamana Avataara). Later on in his Krishna Avataara, the Lord was tied to a stone by mother Yashodaa.
- Kind words do not cost much. They never blister the tongue or lips. Though they do not cost much, they accomplish much. They make other people good natured. They also produce their own image on men’s souls, and it is beautiful image.
- The evil that we see in others is nothing but the reflection of the evil within ourselves. For the man of truth there is nothing bad or sinful in the world, because the pure and glorious love which he possesses in his heart does not see defects in anyone. When this unconditional love works, condemnation has no place.
- However, much a man may speak, by that reason he is not called a wise man. A patient, loving man is called a wise man.
- What exactly is man’s duty? First he should treat his parents with love, reverence and gratitude, Second- Satyam Vada and Dharmam Chara – Speak the truth and act virtuously; third-whenever you have a few moments to spare, repeat the Name of the Lord with the form in your mind; fourth – never indulge in talking ill of others or try to discover faults in others and finally do not cause pain to others in any form.
- No one is so rich that he does not need another’s help. No one is so poor as not to be useful in some way to his fellow men. The disposition to ask assistance from others with confidence and to grant it with kindness is part of our very nature.
- Kindness in a word creates confidence, kindness in thinking creates profoundness, and kindness in giving creates love.
- Do not be forgetful of your prayer. If your prayer is regular and sincere, there will be new feeling and new meaning in it, which will give you fresh courage, and you will understand that prayer is an education.
- God does not look at the oration in your prayers, how elegant they are; nor at the geometry of your prayers, how long they are; nor at the arithmetic of your prayers, how methodical they are; but at their sincerity.
- He prayeth best who loveth best
All things great and small;
For the dear God who loveth us
He made and loveth all.
- Q. Should we pray to God aloud?
A. Pray up to Him in anyway you like
He is always sure to hear you.
He can hear the foot fall of an ant.
- Q. Is there really any efficiency in prayer?
A. Yes, when mind and speech unite in earnestly asking for a thing, that prayer is answered. The prayers of that man are of no avail who says with his tongue. “These are all Thine. O Lord!” But at the same time thinks in his heart that all of them are his.
- Prayer must emanate from the heart, where God resides, and not from the head where doctrines and doubts clash.
- The prayer has saved my life. Without it, I would have been a lunatic long ago. I had my share of the bitter most public and private experiences. They threw me in despair. I was able to get rid of that despair only because of prayer.
- In talking with people, do not begin by discussing the things on which you differ. Begin by and keep on emphasizing the things on which you agree.
- A ripe fruit by falling to the ground, unnoticed by us, does not waste itself, but returns its seed to Mother Earth, only to appear again as a fruit offering to others. A good man is the gift of God and a path maker.
- There is no physician like cheerful thoughts for relieving the ills of the body.
- The world is a looking-glass and gives back to every man the reflection of his own face. Frown at it, and it will in turn look sourly upon you; laugh at it and with it, and it is a jolly, kind companion, and so let all young person make their choice.
- Be the first student
- Language: English
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Skill level: Any level
- Lectures: 0
The curriculum is empty