Experiential Learning is a holistic approach to teaching. It provides intra-integration while artificial barriers of discipline disappear. Here are some key points that the Guru must go through before conducting the class.
- Gurus may observe that in Balvikas Group I syllabus, experiential learning is limited to the stage of ‘Mind Mapping and Web Charting’ i.e., only upto the first 4 steps given in the following document under the heading ‘how to proceed’.
- However the entire procedure has been given here so that gurus understand this activity and its benefit in entirety.
- It is to be noted that the theory part is for the understanding of the Gurus only and not required to be “taught as a lesson” in class.
- The practical activity alone needs to be done in the Balvikas class.
- A sample activity is given at the end of this write up on experiential learning.
[Adapted from the book ‘Towards Human Excellence Sri Sathya Sai Education for Schools’ Book 7, “Experiential Learning” published by Institute of Sathya Sai Education, Mumbai.]